| The Internet ministry of Given O. Blakely|
Site Updated on: Saturday, September 22, 2012 11:09 PM
| || |
Search the Complete Word of Truth Website
- GENESIS COMMENTARY (Updated 2/10/2012), ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS,
- COMMENTARY ON EPHESIANS (Updated 1/10./2012), , DEVOTIONS, GALATIANS COMMENTARY (Complete)
- Click on 'NEW CD-MUSIC MINISTRY,or ICOn below, as directed
THE WORD OF TRUTH RADIO BROADCAST Brother Blakely speaks on a daily radio broadcast, Monday thru Friday, at 4:00 CST. This program can be heard live at that time. It is 15 minutes in length, and is designed to clarify the nature and content of the Gospel of Christ. Click on the graphic to the left to go to the broadcast site. Tnen click on LISTEN LIVE.
Copies of these programs can be received, five programs on each MP3 CD-ROM Address requests to email@example.com
ASK A QUESTION
"QUESTION" IS THE SUBJECT
CLICK THE "E-MAIL" LOGO
- MY PILGRIMAGE -- Brother Blakely shares his testimony
- ELECTRONIC BOOKS (PDF Format) -- Books by Word of Truth Fellowship --in the PDF format
- WHAT WE BELIEVE -- An introduction to some of Brother Blakely's persuasions
- FAMILY PICTURES -- Pictures of the Blakely family, and a little of their experience.
- A WORD FROM ADAH -- Now married to Jason Hutchcraft, and living in North Carolina, where they minister, our daughter Adah has proved to
- be a capable writer.
- POETRY FROM EVA -- A member of a poet society, our youngest daughter enjoys writing poetry.
- LINKS, LINKS, AND MORE LINKS -- Well over 1,900 links placed in nearly 60 categories.
- HELPS FOR THE STUDENT -- Bibles, Dictionaries,
- BROTHER BLAKELY'S COMMENTARIES -- Current Commentaries include Hebrews, First John, Revelation, Romans, and Daniel (which is being completed)
- SPECIAL ARTICLES -- Lengthy articles on key subjects.
- HOW WE GOT OUR BIBLES -- Several lessons that approach this subject from a manner that will feed faith and fuel hope.
- HOW TO STUDY THE BIBLE -- Profitable suggestions for getting the most out of the Scriptures.
- IMPROVING YOUR ASSEMBLY-- A series of lessons that offer suggestions on improving the assembly of believers.
- INNER CONFLICT AND ITS REMEDY -- Several lessons dealing with the struggle of the flesh and the spirit. This series affirms that inner struggle confirms justification.
- LESSONS FOR PREACHERS -- How serious should preachers be about preaching. Here is a refreshing series of lessons designed to bring a godly focus to this subject.
- LESSONS ON MARRIAGE -- An approach to marriage that plays great stress on faith.
- PAUL'S DEFENSE -- Brother Blakely's commentary on Acts 24:10-27.
- PERCEPTIONS OF THE GOSPEL -- Summary statements from a variety of brethren in which they give their perception of the Gospel of Christ.
- MIDI FILE HYMNS -- Play these hymns through Internet Explorer, or download them to your own computer.
- AUDIO SERMON FILES -- Hear audio files of some Refreshing Waters Renewals, and other sermon series. Files can be downloaded to your computer
- GOSPEL MUSIC FILES -- Listen to refreshing Gospel Music in the MP3 format.
- VARIOUS AUTHORS FROM AMONG OUR FRIENDS -- Read the writings of several of our friends.
THE GRACE TO BE BROUGHT TO YOU
"Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ." (1 Peter 1:13)
For those in Christ Jesus, the future is everything. They do not live for "the here and the now," even though they are presently enjoying wonderful benefits from the Lord. The Scriptures teach us, faith substantiates it, and experience confirms it, that what we have now – in this world – is only the "firstfruits" of what is to come (Rom 8:23). For us, the best is ahead. We have yet to receive our new bodies, our reward, and our inheritance. We have yet to hear the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant." As long as we are in this world we labor with personal disadvantages that we would rather not have. We have to run through troops of hostile forces, and mount campaigns against powers of darkness. Because we have personal weaknesses, are in a hostile world, and are hounded by a fierce enemy, we must work out or own salvation with fear and trembling. We have pain as well as pleasure, trouble as well as triumphs, and regrets as well as rejoicing. Now, in this world, we must pass through the valley of the shadow of death. Often we experience the chastening of the Lord, which, for the moment, is not pleasant. Sometimes we are surrounded by trouble, and challenged by circumstance, and thrown down by trial. It is not unusual for times of darkness to descend upon us like the night.
However, our future is another matter! We have already been told there will be no more tears, death, sorrow, crying, or pain (Rev 21:4). We will no longer have an adversary (Rev 20:10), and there will be no more curse, and no more night (Rev 22:3; 21:5). Everything that chaffs, hurts, and causes sorrow will be abruptly and violently removed. Everything for which faith and hope longs will suddenly and eternally be brought to us. "God Himself" will be with us in His fulness, and without interruption (Rev 21:3), and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be perceptibly and irrevocably in our presence (Rev 22:3). The best is yet to come!
Now the challenge rings in our ears, "gird your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ" NASB (1 Pet 1:13). Think about what is coming Think about what is going! Think about where we will be! Think about where we will not be! When Jesus is "revealed from heaven" He will bring grace to those who have been trusting in Him! That grace will be more abundant than it has ever been before. It will not pass us by, but Jesus will personally bring it to us. It will instantly satisfy, cause the heart to rejoice, and compensate for every trial and heartache. Think about it!